Friday, June 1, 2012

3 weeks tomorrow!

So we have made it another week at home. With a few ups and downs. Such as Wednesday night Jake got no sleep because at 3am Parker decided to scream all night between feeds until 8am when he finally slept. How did we handle that. I stayed with crying Parker until 6am and then I tagged Jake. But Jake didn't actually get sleep that night cause he could still hear Parker. So Thursday night Jake went to sleep at 8pm and Parker and I slept in the family room to give Jake some much needed sleep. Over all that was the only mishap of the week. Parker is having many more awake times and we love it. Getting awesome photos and getting to love on him while he is awake is great.

Jake goes back to work next week and it will just be me and the little guy. Yikes. But after he hits one month we have a few outings planned and that will be fun for the little guy. We might even visit dad at work. Jake will love that. My mom offered to let Laura stay with us a few days and that will be fun for her and give me an extra set of hands. As well on Monday we have to go repeat Parker's hearing screen. He failed in his right ear and apparently it is really common for babies to fail in one or both ears. Like 40% chance they fail. And it's usually due to fluid left over from the delivery or other various factors. But we are being positive and hope it will be fine since he passed in the left ear.

This weekend we have lots of fun activities planned. First, we are going to Cartersville to see Jake's cousin who is in town from Syracuse. And on Sunday Jake and I are going on a date and my mother is babysitting. We are getting sushi which I am pumped about. And I know my mom is excited to watch him.

Just an FYI I typed this post on my new iPad so I hope it isn't terrible. But here are a few parting pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment